viernes, 19 de marzo de 2010

Adios Alex Chilton


Difícil elegir. Dos de mis canciones favoritas.





Give me a ticket for an aeroplane
I ain't got time to take a fast train
Lonely days are gone
I'm going home, because my baby just wrote me a letter
I don't care how much money I’ve got to spend
I’ve got to get back to my baby again
Lonely days are gone
I'm going home; my baby just wrote me a letter
Well she wrote me a letter, said she couldn't live without me no more
Listen mister, can't you see I’ve got to get back to my baby once more




Won't you let me walk you home from school
Won't you let me meet you at the pool
Maybe Friday I can get tickets for the dance and I'll take you
Won't you tell your dad, "Get off my back"
Tell him what we said 'bout 'Paint It Black'
Rock 'n Roll is here to stay
Come inside where it's okay
And I'll shake you.
Won't you tell me what you're thinking of
Would you be an outlaw for my love
If it's so, well, let me know
If it's "no", well, I can go
I won't make you



Muere Alex Chilton pionero del power pop norteamericano (El País)




HACE UN AÑO: El último refugio

No hay comentarios: